Celebrating CFA Society® Volunteers
It takes a special person to be a volunteer. Giving back to a community for the greater good involves commitment, passion, and integrity – attributes that over 1,600 CFA Society® leaders around the globe certainly display.
Through their work to promote the highest standards of ethics, education and professional excellence in the investment industry, CFA Society® volunteers develop new skills, strengthen existing knowledge, and build relationships with peers and local communities.
To recognize some of the most dedicated volunteers who are making a huge difference to the investment profession, CFA Institute annually presents the prestigious Volunteer of the Year Awards at the Society Leaders Conference. This year’s ceremony took place in Philadelphia on 19 May 2017.
We would like to thank all our volunteers for their selfless efforts and congratulate the following individuals for winning the 2017 awards.
Volunteer of the Year Award 2017 Winners:
- Anthony Serhan, CFA, President, CFA Society Sydney
- Bogdan Bilaus, CFA, President and board member, CFA Society Qatar, and advocacy chair, CFA Society Romania
- Michael Frommelt, CFA, Past-president, CFA Society Liechtenstein
- Sophie Palmer, CFA, President, CFA Montréal
- Sam Huszczo, CFA, President, CFA Society Detroit
- David Smith, CFA, President, CFA Society Vancouver
- Ravi Abeysuriya, CFA, Outreach chair, CFA Society Sri Lanka – Lifetime Achievement
- Thomas Brigandi, CFA Society New York Asset Owner Series Founder and Lead Organizer, CFA Society New York, Inaugural Global Outstanding Young Leader